2021 Critical Issues Series: The Real Estate Forum
Thursday, October 14, 2021 (8:30 AM - 10:00 AM) (EDT)
What: The Real Estate Forum Presented by Servpro of South Durham & Orange County
When: Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 8:30-10am
Where: Zoom (Register and the link will be emailed to you prior to the event)
About the Forum: In a quick 90 minutes, you will get timely updates on residential and commercial real estate in our state, region, and community.
- Orange County Commissioner Anna Richards
- Sponsors: Servpro of South Durham & Orange County, Chapel Hill Media Group, Duke Energy, and Durham Technical Community College
8:45-9:20am: Segment 1 | Presentations
- The Residential Real Estate Market with Amanda Hoyle, Director Of Land Acquisition, Tri Pointe Homes (and former award-winning journalist for the Triangle Business Journal)
- The Commercial Real Estate Market with John Linderman, Managing Director, Avison Young
- A Current Snapshot of Local Development Projects with Judy Johnson, Planner, Town of Chapel Hill
9:20-9:55am: Segment 2 | Panel Discussion & Participant Engagement
- Aaron Nelson, President and CEO, The Chamber, will moderate the panel with Hoyle and Linderman, who will be joined by:
- Brett Bushnell, Broker/Owner/REALTOR, Tri Local Realty LLC, President of the Raleigh Regional Association of REALTORS(RRAR), and Orange Chatham Association of Realtors 2016 REALTOR of the Year
- Pam Hemminger, Chapel Hill Mayor and Owner, Windaco Properties LLC (a small commercial property firm)
9:55-10:00am: Closing Remarks and Adjourn
Follow-up from the Forum: To ensure the important content of this forum reaches as many Chamber and community members as possible, this forum will be recorded and shared on The Chamber's YouTube Channel, a summary will be posted on The Chamber's blog (called "Our Voice"), the Powerpoint slides will be shared on The Chamber's SlideShare account, and a radio interview discussing the findings on WCHL 97.9 The Hill will air the following week and the link will be shared on this page afterwards. All assets will be packaged and emailed to full Chamber membership in the following e-newsletter, called Membership Matters.
About the Critical Issues Series: Coordinated by the Chamber's Government Affairs Committee, the 2021 Critical Issues Series (formerly known as the Policy Series) includes nearly a dozen forums and features influential guest speakers who address timely topics for Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro related to the economy, economic development, public policy, and elections. The 2021 Critical Issues Series is presented by Chapel Hill Media Group (97.9 The Hill & Chapelboro.com), Duke Energy, and Durham Technical Community College. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Contact: For logistical questions about this forum, contact Chamber Director of Programs and Member Engagement, McKenzie Reinhold. For content questions, contact Chamber Vice President of External Affairs, Katie Loovis.
Programs and Networks
Critical Issues Series
Quarterly Policy Forums
This series of quarterly forums connects Chamber members with influential guest speakers who address timely topics for Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro and share critical insights related to the economy; economic, workforce, and community development; local elections; and policy and legislative matters that matter to the local business community.
Chapel Hill Young Professionals
Under 40 Monthly Networking
CHYP pronounced "chip" is a group of fun professionals under 40 that meets the first Tuesday of each month for networking, professional development and community service.
Quarterly Socials & Luncheons
Our Chamber's strong group of professional women gather quarterly for networking and learning opportunities. Sponsored by The Women of State Farm.
Annual Signature Events
Friday, February 3, 2023
Come celebrate the successes of our business community from 2022 and get a preview of the exciting developments for 2023. This annual gathering of business and community leaders is a wonderful way to connect and get inspired for the future.