Economic Development Briefing
Wednesday, June 12, 2019 (8:30 AM - 10:00 AM) (EDT)
READ THE FULL SUMMARY FROM THIS EVENT
Affectionately known as "Places & Spaces," this forum provides a fast-paced, timely state-of-play on several key commercial projects and districts, including downtown Chapel Hill, the Blue Hill District, and downtown Carrboro.
Segment I: “Projects”
- Glen Lennox and The Central with Tim Jezisek of Grubb Properties
- Caraway Village and Carolina Square with Northwood Ravin (Jeff Furman or Jonathan Matthews)
- University Place and apartment development with Ram Realty Advisors (Ashley Saulpaugh or David Klepser)
- South Green with Gary Hill of Avison Young
- Shelton Station with Mark Moshier of Legacy Property Group
Segment II: “Districts”
- Blue Hill District in Chapel Hill with Dwight Bassett of the Town of Chapel Hill
- Downtown Chapel Hill with Matt Gladdek of the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership
Segment III “Jurisdictions”
- Downtown Carrboro with Annette Stone of the Town of Carrboro
- Orange County with Steve Brantley of Orange County Economic Development
- Downtown Chapel Hill with Dwight Bassett of The Town of Chapel Hill
Free for Chamber members
$25 for non-members
Programs and Networks
Critical Issues Series
Quarterly Policy Forums
This series of quarterly forums connects Chamber members with influential guest speakers who address timely topics for Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro and share critical insights related to the economy; economic, workforce, and community development; local elections; and policy and legislative matters that matter to the local business community.
Chapel Hill Young Professionals
Under 40 Monthly Networking
CHYP pronounced "chip" is a group of fun professionals under 40 that meets the first Tuesday of each month for networking, professional development and community service.
Quarterly Socials & Luncheons
Our Chamber's strong group of professional women gather quarterly for networking and learning opportunities. Sponsored by The Women of State Farm.
Annual Signature Events
Friday, February 3, 2023
Come celebrate the successes of our business community from 2022 and get a preview of the exciting developments for 2023. This annual gathering of business and community leaders is a wonderful way to connect and get inspired for the future.