Inclusive Employment Summit
Friday, September 9, 2022 (8:30 AM - 4:00 PM) (EDT)
Join Extraordinary Ventures, Work Together NC, and The Chamber in this three part summit to educate and inform our community on the resources available to engage one of our community's most extraordinary talent pools: people with Intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD).
At this event, employers will:
- Learn about the value of inclusive hiring practices and the research proven competitive advantages!
- Gain practical resources, connections, and next steps for hiring people with ID/DD
- Takeaway a solution to today’s staffing shortages and workforce development needs!
Self advocates and families will:
- Learn about the employment service options in the Triangle/Triad area & how to navigate them
- Takeaway advice directly from self advocates and their employers
- Network with employers interested in hiring people with ID/DD
Summit Agenda Includes...
- 8:30 - 9 a.m. | Coffee and Registration
- 9 a.m. | Keynote from Rep Allen Buansi
- 9:30 a.m. | Employer Panel: Advantages, Benefits, and Challenges of Inclusive Hiring
- 10:20 a.m. | NC Vocational Rehabilitation: Inclusive Employment Myth De-bunking & FAQs
- 11:30 a.m. | Mindset Shifts for Employers with Jonah Sanville
- 11:50 a.m. | Presentation by Work Together NC
- 12:15 - 2 p.m. | Lunch, Networking, and Resource Fair
- 2 p.m. | Resources for Start-ups Followed by a Panel Discussion on Entrepreneurship
- 3 p.m. | Self Advocate Panel
Join us and be a part of the movement toward inclusive employment– we are in this together!
**Vaccination from COVID-19 is required or you must test negative for COVID-19 on the same day prior to attending the event. Masks are optional but encouraged. **
200 S. Elliott Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514 United States
8:30 a.m. Coffee & Registration
9 - Noon Morning Sessions
Noon - 2 p.m. Lunch & Resource Fair
2 - 4 p.m. Afternoon Sessions
Programs and Networks
Critical Issues Series
Monthly Policy Forums
Chapel Hill Young Professionals
Under 40 Monthly Networking
CHYP pronounced "chip" is a group of fun professionals under 40 that meets the first Tuesday of each month for networking, professional development and community service.
Quarterly Socials & Luncheons
Our Chamber's strong group of professional women gather quarterly for networking and learning opportunities. Sponsored by The Women of State Farm.
Annual Signature Events
Friday, March 18, 2022
Join us online as we bring you The Chamber's 79th Annual Meeting IN-PERSON from The Carolina Club. Help us celebrate the strength of our business community in 2021 and get a preview of exciting developments for 2022.