Coffee Talk on Inclusive Employment
Tuesday, February 20, 2024 (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM) (EST)
Calling All Local Employers
Join us to learn about an exciting initiative called Work Together NC. This remarkable initiative has been designed to aid local employers in overcoming their staffing shortages by tapping into a highly promising and underutilized workforce – individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
At the event, employers will…
- Gain insights from a successful local employer who will share their success story
- Hear from a self-advocate with IDD (Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities) who is currently employed in the industry, providing a unique perspective on their experiences.
- Learn about community resources that can offer job candidate referrals and assist with training
- Network with other employers in the same industry who are actively seeking to strengthen their workforce.
- Enjoy complimentary coffee and pastries while participating in this enriching event.
This will be a hybrid meeting with an option to join via zoom. Link sent upon registration.
Programs and Networks
Critical Issues Series
Quarterly Policy Forums
This series of quarterly forums connects Chamber members with influential guest speakers who address timely topics for Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro and share critical insights related to the economy; economic, workforce, and community development; local elections; and policy and legislative matters that matter to the local business community.
Chapel Hill Young Professionals
Under 40 Monthly Networking
CHYP pronounced "chip" is a group of fun professionals under 40 that meets the first Tuesday of each month for networking, professional development and community service.
Quarterly Socials & Luncheons
Our Chamber's strong group of professional women gather quarterly for networking and learning opportunities. Sponsored by The Women of State Farm.
Annual Signature Events
Friday, February 3, 2023
Come celebrate the successes of our business community from 2022 and get a preview of the exciting developments for 2023. This annual gathering of business and community leaders is a wonderful way to connect and get inspired for the future.