Salute to Community Heroes presented by AT&T
Recognizing the men and women of service in our community
Each December at a festive after hours event, the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber recognizes the men and women who are committed to making Chapel Hill-Carrboro a thriving, healthy and sustainable community.
- Carrboro Police Officer of the Year
- UNC Public Safety Employee of the Year
- Chapel Hill Police Officer of the Year
- Orange County Emergency Services Employees of the Year
- Orange County Sheriff Employee of the Year
- Chapel Hill Firefighter of the Year
- Carrboro Firefighter of the Year
- South Orange Rescue Squad Member of the Year
- Citizen of the Year Award
- Town & Gown Award
- Jim Gibson Volunteer of the Year Award
- Irene Briggaman Lifetime Achievement Award
Thank you University Place & Ram Realty for hosting this evening of celebrating our community heroes.
Programs and Networks
Chapel Hill Young Professionals
Under 40 Monthly Networking
CHYP pronounced "chip" is a group of fun professionals under 40 that meets the first Tuesday of each month for networking, professional development and community service.
Quarterly Socials & Luncheons
Our Chamber's strong group of professional women gather quarterly for networking and learning opportunities. Sponsored by The Women of State Farm.
Annual Signature Events
Thursday, September 10, 2020 (Virtual)
About: Born out of graduate student research at UNC-Chapel Hill, this annual event is a comprehensive briefing featuring the latest data on the well-being of Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro across social, economic, and environmental indicators. Follow the ongoing conversation at #CHCSOTC.