Letter from Chamber Leadership re: Program Changes due to COVID-19
Your physical and financial health are our top concerns. In this crisis, your Chamber is continuing to work hard for you.
Take a moment to review our list of "7 Things Businesses Should Do Right Now" (from last week) and consider these additional tips:
- Share with your customers what you are doing (and ask for their business);
- Scenario plan for potential ordered closings (OH, IL, CA, and MA have all ordered bars and restaurants closed to patrons in the last 48 hours); and
- Please reach out to Chamber staff or share information HERE on what you need and how we can help.
In accordance with Gov. Cooper’s state of emergency, the guidance of NCDHHS Secretary, and the recommendation of the CDC, your Chamber has adopted social distancing protocols in our shared effort to slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
We will continue to meet and convene, but through modifications aligned with public health guidance. We will be using digital technology where possible, postponing some meetings and programs, and canceling a few others.
A few updates so far:
- March 19 - The Business After Hours at Connolly Walker State Farm has been canceled.
- March 25 - The Economic Outlook Forum with Dr. Walden will take place through a digital platform and include a timely COVID19 impacts discussion. Free for members. Click here to register.
- April 30 - The Chamber Bocce Derby Presented by Piedmont Health, originally scheduled for April 30, will be rescheduled to later in the year.
- 2020 ICV - Our 2020 Intercity Visit and Leadership Conference will be rescheduled for 2021.
- Ongoing Governance - Chamber governing committees (Board of Directors, Finance Committee, Government Affairs Committee, and Membership Committee) will all meet as scheduled through an electronic platform (we are using Zoom).
We will work quickly to update our Chamber calendar and share information with you about each upcoming event. Please continue to monitor your email and our Chamber calendar as program information becomes available.
We look forward to a time when we can shake hands and high five again. Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate this challenging time with you. We will get through this together.
In partnership for a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro,
Shannon Media and 2020 Chair of The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro
President & CEO, The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro