CBA Update on 4/13/20
To: Carrboro Business Alliance
From: Katie Loovis
Date: Monday, April 13, 2020
Subject: CBA - Five updates
Dear Carrboro Business Alliance,
Five updates for you since our last communication:
- First, an important staffing update.
In the meantime, Town Manager David Andrews is in constant communication with us to ensure a smooth transition for our local business community. He knows this is a critical position for the Town and he plans to hire someone who will move Carrboro’s economy forward while working closely with local small businesses and attracting new investment and investors to Carrboro. He is in the process of appointing an interim and will launch a national search for a new economic development director ASAP.
If you have questions of the town, the Manager David Andrews has invited you to contact him directly. Also, Rebecca Buzzard in the manager’s office is available to help you navigate answers to any town questions. If you have questions about the town’s emergency loan fund, then you can contact attorney Robert (Bob) Hornik directly via email. I am happy to help you as well.
- Second, good news.
- Third, scheduling.
- Reminder on federal funding.
- Lastly, some housekeeping.
Scroll down for our past updates and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Staff Support, Carrboro Business Alliance
Vice President, The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro
(919) 696-0781 (cell) | KLoovis@carolinachamber.org
CBA Founding Funders:
- CBA Founding Champions: Carr Mill Mall, The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro, and the Town of Carrboro
- CBA Founding Investors: Atma Hotel Group, Carrboro Creative, Chapel Hill Tire, Coastal Credit Union, CommunityWorx, Duke Energy, Eller Capital Partners, I-40 Films, New Media Campaigns, Weaver Street Market, and Wrenn Works
- 4/06/20: EMAIL: Chamber take-aways from the "All Business Briefing" on 4/3/20
- 4/03/20: VIDEO: Chamber hosts "All Business Briefing" on new SBA loans and Grants
- 4/01/20: EMAIL: Chamber President's Updates (Invitation and Making Sense of the $350B)
- 3/27/20: VIDEO: Chamber hosts conversation on the stay at home order
- 3/26/20: EMAIL: Chamber Update (NC stay at home order)
- 3/26/20: VIDEO: CBA & Town of Carrboro host "All Carrboro Business Briefing"
- 3/25/20: VIDEO: Chamber hosts "Economic Outlook Forum" (summary and takeaways)
- 3/23/20: EMAIL: CBA Update (5 important items)
- 3/23/20: EMAIL: Chamber President’s Update
- 3/20/20: VIDEO: Chamber hosts "All Business Briefing" featuring SBA Representative
- 3/17/20: EMAIL: CBA Update (Summary from 3/17/20 CBA Leadership Council Meeting)
- 3/16/20: EMAIL: Chamber Update (Message from Leadership re: program changes)
- 3/12/20: EMAIL: CBA Update (COVID-19 and Low-Interest Loans)
- 3/11/20: EMAIL: Chamber Update (7 things local businesses should do right now)