CBA May 2019 Update: 4 Things
The following is an update for the Carrboro Business Alliance (CBA) Members from the CBA Leadership Council sent on Thursday, May 9, 2019. For questions, contact Katie Loovis, CBA Staff Support at KLoovis@carolinachamber.org or 919.696.0781 (cell).
Your 14-person Leadership Council is guiding the focus and delivering on the mission of the Carrboro Business Alliance; your 6-person Policy Committee is advancing the five policy priorities – the #1 priority being “no net loss of parking,” and your 10-person Marketing Committee is positioning Carrboro-serving businesses for significant promotions this fall and winter in conjunction with the Fall Festivals, Small Business Saturday, and Carrboro Cheer.
- Nominate yourself for a leadership position on the Marketing or Policy Committee, or for a two-year term on the Leadership Council starting January 2020.
This past Tuesday evening, the Carrboro Board of Aldermen discussed parking and acknowledged the CBA’s important position on the matter. They agreed to hold a public meeting ASAP with the business community to discuss comprehensive, long-term parking solutions considering the 203 Project (proposed library).
- Watch Tuesdays Aldermen discussion (starts at the 1:21-mark and CBA staff support speaks at the 2:09-mark), read CBA’s position on the 203 Project, and share the CBA’s letter on parking.
We are activating our beautiful new CBA brand and you will see promotional ads encouraging more visitors, shoppers, and diners to Carrboro in the coming months in Chapel Hill Magazine and on WCHL.
- Mark your calendar for milestone events throughout the balance of the year and let’s work together to maximize the value of our alliance.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
4) GROW THE ALLIANCE
The mission of the Carrboro Business Alliance is to: 1) Connect members with information, potential customers, and other enterprises, 2) Represent the local business interests with local government and policy makers, and 3) Promote members and the Carrboro community.
- Become a CBA Founding Champion or Founding Investor and help us take our work to the next level.
- Know others who would benefit from being a part of the CBA? Encourage them to join now.