Roots Natural Kitchen
At Roots, we are passionate about making healthy food taste awesome. We strive to empower people through natural food and believe in the potential of humans to do great things. We believe that great food can fuel any lifestyle--whether you choose to participate in a Netflix marathon or an actual marathon. Roots is growing fast, hiring tons of new crewmembers, and promoting from within as often as possible! We’ve expanded to five locations in under four years and plan to accelerate our growth moving forward. With that growth comes many new challenges, roles, and opportunities. The sky is really the limit if you are someone who is always looking for new mountains to climb.
HUMANS WE LOVE
At Roots, we’re looking for friendly and enthusiastic humans who collaborate phenomenally with others. We want to be around people who persevere, take pride in the work they do, and seek to understand and support those around them. These types of people make Roots an amazing place to work and can succeed in our fast-paced, highly communicative, and team-oriented environment.
As a member of our prep crew, you will be responsible for prepping delicious food each day. You will work the prep stations and collaborate with your back of house crew and Kitchen Leader to make sure all the food we need is prepped and our kitchen is spotless and organized at all times.
- Follow proper food handling methods
- Maintain clean and sanitary work station
- Prepare delicious food, day-in and day-out
- Maintain positive and cheerful attitude during all shifts
- Report to Kitchen Leader with any food quality concerns
- Follow all recipes and instructions, with guidance from the Kitchen Manager
- Lift and transport moderately heavy food items and kitchen equipment, as needed
STARTING SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Great Environment - At Roots, we pride ourselves on having a fun, lighthearted, and supportive environment in which people can thrive.
- Growth Opportunities - We opened four years ago and soon we’ll be in six markets. We’re growing fast and this means tons of room to grow with us, in and out of the restaurant.
- Good Food - You will always have tasty food around you that you and your friends can enjoy at free and discounted prices.
- Flexible Schedule - Writing a weekly schedule, we will do our best to help you achieve work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits - After 30 days of full-time work, we're happy to extend our medical, dental, vision, and life plans to you to help take care of all your family's medical needs.
Ready to join our crew? Apply below, or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.