Job Title: Marketing Manager (Full-Time, Salaried/Exempt)
Pay Range: $45,000 to $60,000
- Develop, manage and market Downtown Chapel Hill Partnership businesses, events, and co-sponsored events
- Manage ad placement and marketing collateral and track all marketing deadlines
- Assist, as appropriate, in the marketing of downtown special events and festivals
- Develop and publish weekly email update–events update, business update, restaurant reminder, etc.
- Write and disseminate press releases as needed
- Develop and maintain a database of press representatives and contacts
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining relationships with businesses
- Assist the Executive Director in administering business grant programs
- Assist the Event Manager/Arts & Culture Director
Qualifications and Experience
- Marketing and promotion of businesses and events
- Maintenance of website, Facebook and other social media
- Newsletter experience
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MailChimp or other newsletter application
- College degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or related field preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required
- Knowledge of graphic design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop &/or other graphic software a bonus
- Passionate about making downtown Chapel Hill a more interesting place
Paid vacation is 15 days per year, we recognize 12 national holidays, plus employees are allotted 10 sick/personal days per year. The CHDP will match retirement up to 3% of salary and covers full health insurance costs for the employee.
We value family and community, and therefore are open to discussing work from home days, flexible work times, and other needs to support a work/life balance.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Matt Gladdek, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not contact references until after an interview.
The Downtown Chapel Hill Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusiveness: The Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to apply for consideration.