Catherine French Design is hiring a full-time Interiors/Architectural professional with a background in technical design, and experience working on remodel and new construction projects. This position will work closely with the design team to collaborate on interior architectural assignments including: measuring and documenting spaces, drawing 2D and 3D plan sets, developing interior elevations, and generating 3D renderings for client presentations.
Catherine French Design is a nationally recognized interior design firm based in Chapel Hill that works with clients to create beautiful spaces that reflect them as individuals while making their dream space a functional reality. CFD is looking for candidates who work well under time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and enjoy working with colleagues to problem solve issues that arise.
This is an in-person position and will require the candidate to work in the studio five days a week. Previous experience working for an interior design firm is preferred.
- Prepare and modify architectural and construction documents at the direction of senior design professionals, ensuring the design intent and constructibility
- Combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients
- Research building codes, zoning requirements, and other job site constraints
- Build and review preliminary budget projections for construction projects
- Coordinate with trades-people and general contractors to facilitate shop drawings
- Perform product research; assist project designers with material selection
- Develop solutions to technical and design problems
- Assist team in construction administration and oversight
- Assist in managing client expectations
- Communicate with clients in a professional and effective manner
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and construction issues and design solutions
- Basic hand drafting and drawing skills
- Proficiency in ARCHICAD, BIMX, Twinmotion, and Sketch Up preferred, or alternatively AutoCAD/Revit or Chief Architect
- Calculate construction material quantities for interior finishes such as tile and flooring
- Experience with Google Suite: Docs, Sheets, Forms, Calendar.
- Actively use CRM's like Basecamp for task management and version control
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign graphic software
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Bring a positive outlook to projects and the day to day office routine
- Take pride and ownership of project deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or other AEC related field preferred
- Ability to become NCIDQ certified a plus
Apply at https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/8c4108bc
About Catherine French Design:
The team at Catherine French Design understands that we live, work and play on the inside of buildings and that each interior design project presents its own unique challenges. We are here to help. From inspiration to installation, Catherine French Design can help you envision and execute your dream interior space. Our vision is to meet our clients’ needs by creating beautiful, personable spaces uniquely tailored to their lifestyle, budget, and aesthetic preferences. The team at Catherine French Design understands that we live, work, and play on the inside of buildings and that each project presents its own unique challenges. We excel in finding those pieces that take your space from ordinary to extraordinary. From inspiration to installation, Catherine French Design can help you envision and execute your dream space. We’re young, we’re hip, and we’re obsessed with creating beautiful interiors.