Roots Natural Kitchen
At Roots, we are passionate about making healthy food taste awesome. We strive to empower people through natural food and believe in the potential of humans to do great things. We believe that great food can fuel any lifestyle--whether you choose to participate in a Netflix marathon or an actual marathon. Roots is growing fast, hiring tons of new crewmembers, and promoting from within as often as possible! With that growth comes many new challenges, roles, and opportunities. The sky is really the limit if you are someone who is always looking for new mountains to climb.
HUMANS WE LOVE
At Roots, we’re looking for friendly and enthusiastic humans who collaborate phenomenally with others. We want to be around people who persevere, take pride in the work they do, and seek to understand and support those around them. These types of people make Roots an amazing place to work and can succeed in our fast-paced, highly communicative, and team-oriented environment.
As a member of our grill crew you are responsible for cooking all of our grilled items and rice. You will work our flat top grill in the front of house, making sure your crew is supported by having deliciously cooked items ready-to-go, keeping your station spotless and stocked at all times, and collaborating with the rest of your front of house crew to ensure our customers are having an amazing experience.
- Loyally follow and successfully execute our food safety practices and instructions from the Leadership Team
- Communicate any food issues or delays to a member of the Leadership Team
- Maintain a clean work station area, including grill and grill equipment, tables, and shelves
- Safely and efficiently use knives, tools, and equipment to complete preparation of grill and rice items
- Use portion control and minimize waste to keep cost within projected range
- Multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Open and close grill station according to restaurant standards
- Actively communicate with Leadership Team, dish, and line crewmembers
- Maintain positive and cheerful attitude during all scheduled shifts
STARTING SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Great Environment - At Roots, we pride ourselves on having a fun, lighthearted, and supportive environment in which people can thrive.
- Growth Opportunities - We’re growing fast and this means tons of room to grow with us, in and out of the restaurant.
- Good Food - You will always have tasty food around you that you and your friends can enjoy at free and discounted prices.
- Flexible Schedule - Writing a weekly schedule, we will do our best to help you achieve work-life balance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits - After 30 days of full-time work, we're happy to extend our medical, dental, vision, and life plans to you to help take care of all your family's medical needs.
Ready to join our crew? Apply below, or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.