Wanted: Full-time Plumber’s Apprentice needed for growing, family owned and operated plumbing company in Carrboro. We are hardworking owners with awesome employees and high employee retention. Will train to become plumber. Length of training varies based on skill level, attitude, abilities and company need.
Duties: Work with plumber to install plumbing systems, make repairs and diagnose plumbing issues in residential and commercial settings.
- Reliable (consistently show up to work on time, as scheduled and ready to work);
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent communication skills (background in customer service a plus);
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Good problem solver;
- Basic math skills;
- Quick learner;
- Able to follow instructions efficiently;
- Enthusiastic about learning a trade;
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Honest and trustworthy;
- Respond appropriately in stressful situations;
- Have transportation to/from work;
- Capable of working in enclosed spaces or doing significant amount of crawling/standing;
- Possess valid NC driver’s license with a good driving record; and
- Hold high school diploma or equivalent.
Location: Carrboro, NC
Hours: 4 days/week from 7:30 am until 6:00 pm (set schedule) (overtime available if willing to work 5 days/week)
Pay: $11 and up, depending on experience, plus benefits (9 paid holidays, 50% employee medical insurance after three months of employment, Simple IRA match of up to 3% after one year of employment, paid vacation after one year of employment, company sponsored 529 savings plan, payment for Durham Tech plumbing courses)
Interested candidates should email cover letter (include where you found job posting), resume and references to Emily.
All customers and employees are required to wear masks when interacting indoors.