Front of House Manager
Front of House Manager
Roots Natural Kitchen
At Roots, we are passionate about making healthy food taste awesome. We strive to empower people through natural food and believe in the potential of humans to do great things. We believe that great food can fuel any lifestyle--whether you choose to participate in a Netflix marathon or an actual marathon. Roots is growing fast, hiring tons of new crewmembers, and promoting from within as often as possible! With that growth comes many new challenges, roles, and opportunities. The sky is really the limit if you are someone who is always looking for new mountains to climb.
HUMANS WE LOVE
At Roots, we’re looking for friendly and enthusiastic humans who collaborate phenomenally with others. We want to be around people who persevere, take pride in the work they do, and seek to understand and support those around them. These types of people make Roots an amazing place to work and can succeed in our fast-paced, highly communicative, and team-oriented environment.
As our Front of House Manager, you are responsible for making sure our customers have the best experience possible at Roots. This includes ensuring we serve delicious food quickly, make customers feel awesome when they walk into Roots, and keep the restaurant clean and stocked at all times.
As a Front of House Manager, your success will be entirely dependent on the success of your Front of House crew. As a result, you will get to know our Front of House crewmembers very well both personally and professionally, train them relentlessly, and support them in achieving the goals they have at Roots. Our managers are humans who are loved by their crew--and can successfully lead and develop teams to run the best restaurants possible.
- Communicate the vision for Roots culture actively to your crew to ensure that your Roots Natural Kitchen is a special experience day-in and day-out
- Collaborate with your Leadership Team and crew to make Roots an awesome place to be every single day
- Work with your entire Leadership Team each to improve your crew’s leadership skills. This requires a desire to really understand what makes people tick, how to connect with, motivate, and inspire them to reach their absolute best
- Ensure your crew members receive excellent, hands-on training and are supported throughout the entire training process
- Lead and constantly coach your crew on how to run excellent shifts day-in and day-out, with a focus on creating amazing experiences and serving awesome food
- Have a relentless focus on providing incredible customer experiences and paying attention to all the details
- Ensure your crew is hyper-aware of food safety practices and be diligent in ensuring all food safety standards are maintained all the time
- Master all front of house positions (line, grill, catering/app)
- Maintain positive and cheerful attitude during all scheduled shifts
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS
- Prior restaurant management experience preferred
- Must show empathy for fellow crew members and customers
- Must bring friendliness and enthusiasm to each day
- Must lead by example, through humility and resilience
- Have phenomenal personal, communication, and organizational skills
- Willingness to work a varied schedule, including nights and weekends
STARTING SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Great Environment - At Roots, we pride ourselves on having a fun, lighthearted, and supportive environment in which people can thrive.
- Growth Opportunities - We’re growing fast and this means tons of room to grow with us, in and out of the restaurant.
- Good Food - You will always have tasty food around you that you and your friends can enjoy at free and discounted prices.
- Flexible Schedule - Writing a weekly schedule, we will do our best to help you achieve work-life balance. We also offer paid parental leave, as well as paid sick leave.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Benefits - After 30 days of full-time work, we're happy to extend our health, dental, and vision plans to you to help take care of your medical needs. For a full-time single, we provide healthcare for as low as $15/paycheck. We also provide a $10,000 life insurance benefit, at no cost to you.
- Extra Pay - In addition to base pay, employees share in the following extra earning opportunities:
- Tips: All tips are pooled among all hourly employees. They're paid out biweekly, and usually boost base pay by more than $1/hr.
- Quarterly Profit-Share: Each full time employee shares in the profits created by Roots. The profit-share is paid quarterly, based on restaurant and company performance. Depending on company performance, the profit-share can equal as much as 10% of quarterly employee pay, paid in one lump sum after each quarter.
- 401(K): All employees have the option to save for the future through a company 401(K). Want to start saving? We pay a 50% bonus on all profit-share funds that are committed to our 401(K).
Ready to join our crew? Apply below, or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.