Event Manager/Arts & Culture Director (part-time)
Pay Range: $20,000-$30,000
- Schedule and support downtown buskers
- Manage ad placement and marketing collateral and track all marketing deadlines
- Assist, as appropriate, in the marketing of downtown special events and festivals
- Develop and publish weekly email update–events update, business update, restaurant reminder, etc.
- Write and disseminate press releases as needed
- Develop and maintain a database of musicians, artists, and performers
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining relationships with businesses
- Assist the Marketing Manager in marketing and publicizing events
Qualifications and Experience
- Organized worker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with partners.
- Experience planning and managing events
- Knowledgeable about Chapel Hill
- Familiarity with local artists, musicians, performers, and influencers.
- Graphic Designer – experienced, detail-oriented.
- Photography/videography capability/experience.
Paid vacation, we recognize 12 national holidays, plus employees have sick/personal days per year. The CHDP will match retirement up to 3% of salary and covers full health insurance costs for the employee.
We value family and community, and therefore are open to discussing work from home days, flexible work times, and other needs to support a work/life balance.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Matt Gladdek, Executive Director email@example.com. We will not contact references until after an interview.
The Downtown Chapel Hill Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusiveness: The Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to apply for consideration.