Assistant General Manager
Assistant General Manager
Roots Natural Kitchen
At Roots, we are passionate about making healthy food taste awesome. We strive to empower people through natural food and believe in the potential of humans to do great things. We believe that great food can fuel any lifestyle--whether you choose to participate in a Netflix marathon or an actual marathon. Roots is growing fast, hiring tons of new crew members, and promoting from within as often as possible! With this growth comes many new challenges, roles, and opportunities. The sky is really the limit if you are someone who is always looking for new mountains to climb.
HUMANS WE LOVE
At Roots, we’re looking for friendly and enthusiastic humans who collaborate phenomenally with others. We want to be around people who persevere, take pride in the work they do, and seek to understand and support those around them. These types of people make Roots an amazing place to work and can succeed in our fast-paced, highly communicative, and team-oriented environment.
Assistant General Managers are responsible for overseeing either the front of house or back of house operations within the store, including all assigned crewmembers. They are the beacon of Roots culture, shepherding core values throughout the crew, and fostering enjoyment and engagement for all employees. As the expert crewmember for their segment of the store, they must be competent in all positions, while acting as a coach and trainer for all crewmembers and shift leaders. The store has 1-2 Assistant General Managers, who work as peers and report directly to the general manager. Assistant General Managers rotate between managing the FOH and BOH operations on a regular cadence, and gain expertise in both areas of the operation.
- Learn, qualify, and master all functional positions within your segment, including dish, grill, line, and prep.
- Execute your own, and train others to manage, shifts with a focus on creating amazing customer and employee experiences
- Complete and oversee all day to day administrative tasks
- Promote the Roots culture actively to the entire crew, through example and focused communication, to ensure that your Roots Natural Kitchen is a special experience day-in and day-out for all employees
- Be cheerful, smile and ensure your crew is friendly, attentive, and helpful
- Be empathetic to others. Support your crew by listening, understanding, and and taking action as appropriate
- Exemplify Roots principles through servant leadership and instill these characteristics in others through recognition, validation, and constant communication
- Ensure all new employees meet our character standards through the interview process and provide thorough orientation focused on integrating new employees quickly
- Act as the liaison between crewmembers and general manager to ensure both are fully aware of the stores needs and successes. Respond to crew concerns by solving, quashing, or escalating with a focus on preserving the unity and integrity of crew. abrogate
- Have a relentless focus on brand standards, paying attention to all the details that yield an incredible customer experience,
- Participate in the adherence to brand standards by scheduling yourself in crewmember or shift leader positions at least 4 days a week
- Constantly train and ensure qualifications are maintained by all employees in your segment of the store
- Uphold standards through example and by validating performance
- Build a culture of strong appreciation for food quality, and consistency.
- Work and motivate the crew to take pride in keeping the restaurant food safe, clean, and organized
- Ensure your segment of the facility is in good working condition and all equipment is receiving the maintenance and repairs needed
- Understand and diligently manage your segments administrative needs to meet or exceed targets
- Complete or oversee completion of all monthly, weekly, and daily tasks including inventory counts, deep cleaning, temperature and other food safety related logs, and employee schedule writing or review.
- In the back of house, this also includes managing prep and order guide PARs, delivery check-ins, and daily prep sheets
- In the front of house, this includes opening and closing checklists, cash procedures, app and third party delivery oversight, and throughput improvement
- Personally adhere to all employee regulations and validate all managed employees have been properly trained to do the same.
- Diligently plan for and manage labor directly, ensuring adequate coverage, even when sales fluctuate
- Participate in the interviewing, onboarding, and orientation process for new employees.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must show empathy for fellow crew members and customers
- Must bring friendliness and enthusiasm to each day
- Must lead by example, through humility and resilience
- Strong desire and proven track record of learning and coaching
- Willingness to work a varied schedule, including nights and weekends
- Prior management experience desired - restaurant management preferred
- Understanding of and experience with restaurant management software and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidates hired directly into an Assistant General Manager role will go through an intensive training process
STARTING SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $46k starting salary, with a range up to $58k with increased experience in and mastery of the position
- Quarterly profit share and bonus plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and parental leave
- Free meals
- Fun and productive work environment
- Substantial career development opportunities
- Flexible weekly schedule
Ready to join our crew? Apply below, or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.