Local Businesses Welcome Fall Festival-goers with Deals and Discounts
Carrboro Business Alliance leads #WeBuyLocal campaign to encourage more local shopping and dining
Carrboro, NC (September 29, 2019): In a spirit of celebration and to encourage more local shopping and dining, local business owners are welcoming fall festival-goers with deals and discounts. The Carrboro Business Alliance is coordinating this #WeBuyLocal campaign in conjunction with the four fall festivals in Carrboro and Chapel Hill, starting today with the Carrboro Music Festival.
“We are excited to welcome festival-goers and encourage them to enjoy our community and do a little shopping and dining while in-town,” said Bridget Pemberton-Smith, Chair of the Carrboro Business Alliance.
Why Buy Local: Residents, including students can make a real difference in maintaining our community's quality of life by paying attention to where they shop and dine. According to the recent Small Business Economic Impact Study:
- Approximately 67 cents of every dollar spent at a small business remains in the local community.
- Every dollar spent at small businesses creates an additional 50 cents in local business activity as a result of employee spending and businesses purchasing local goods and services.
- For every ten jobs at a small business, another seven are supported in the local community.
“The dollars you spend at a local business are reinvested in our community's employees through wages and in other organizations through the purchase of legal, accounting and other business services,” said Aaron Nelson, President and CEO of The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro. “Remember, when you spend it here, you keep it here.”
#WeBuyLocal: This #WeBuyLocal deals and discounts campaign is the second in a series of three campaigns in 2019 coordinated by the Carrboro Business Alliance in partnership with the local business community, with support from The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro, and in alignment with the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership.
- Campaign #1 - UNC Back to School Week (Sat 8/17- Sun 8/25)
- Campaign #2 – Fall Festivals (Carrboro Music Festival, 9/28-29; Chapel Hill Festifall, 10/12; Carrboro West End Poetry Festival, 10/16-19; and Carrboro Film Festival, 11/15-17)
- Campaign #3 - Carrboro Cheer (Small Business Saturday, 11/30; Elf Market, 12/7; Carrboro Annual Children’s Chorus & Tree Lighting; 2nd Friday ArtWalk & Light Up Carrboro, 12/13; and Chapel Hill-Carrboro Holiday Parade, 12/14)
Business owners who wish to promote a deal or discount in a future campaign, please post here.
Carrboro Business Alliance: The Carrboro Business Alliance (CBA) is a group of 100 businesses committed to helping Carrboro thrive. Founded in 2014, the CBA is governed by a Leadership Council with priorities activated through two committees (Marketing and Policy) and with support from The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro. The success of the CBA would not be possible without the partnership of CBA Founding Champions: Carr Mill Mall, the Town of Carrboro, and Weaver Street Market.
Contact: For questions about this campaign, future deals and discounts, or #WeBuyLocal, contact Katie Loovis, Staff Support for the Carrboro Business Alliance and Vice President for External Affairs for The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro, KLoovis@carolinachamber.org, (919) 696-0781 (cell)